Enrollment in the full-day program is open to University of Minnesota students, staff, and faculty. You must continue to be affiliated with the University to remain enrolled.
We currently do not have any openings in our classrooms. We are accepting applications for our wait list only.
About our wait list
The average wait to enroll is 18 months from the date of application.
A child’s position on the list is determined by the date of application, preferred start date, and their age. When space becomes available, priority is given to:
- Child of a full-time staff member.
- Internal movement – moving a child from a younger classroom to an older classroom on the basis of the child’s age and available opening.
- Previously enrolled child returning from an approved and paid leave of absence.
- Sibling of a child currently enrolled or enrolled at the time of the sibling’s conception or initial adoption application (application form must be submitted and application fee paid).
- Child on the waiting list.
Our enrollment coordinator will contact you when it’s your child’s turn to enroll. You’ll have 24 hours to accept or decline the enrollment offer. At the time of acceptance, you’ll be charged a $75 non-refundable registration fee that will be applied to your first billing statement. If you are enrolling a sibling, you’ll also be charged a $75 registration fee, which will be added along with other charges to your existing account.
If you accept the offer of enrollment, we’ll arrange a meeting with our enrollment coordinator and/or director to go over the enrollment materials with you. We’ll also arrange for you and your child to meet with the area coordinator of your child’s assigned bungalow, so you can get to know their classroom before your child’s start date.
How to apply
To add your child’s name to the wait list, please send the following items to:
The University of Minnesota Child Development Center
921 17th Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Completed application (Word Doc)
- $75 application fee. Cash or check only. Please make checks payable to the University of Minnesota.
Please indicate your preferred start date (day/month/year) on your application. We may offer a space as early as 30 days before your preferred start date. For example, if your child can start on April 1, 2022, your application should have a preferred start date of May 1, 2022. If your preferred start date is flexible, please indicate that in addition to a preferred start date.
Please notify us of any changes to your contact information or University affiliation after you apply. It is your responsibility to notify us of any changes in regards to your address, phone numbers, preferred start date, or affiliation with the University of Minnesota.
We’ll ask you to formally update your application via email twice per year, once in the fall and once in the spring. If you don’t respond to our email by the deadline provided, you will be removed from the wait list.