Winter is coming! Please continue sending your child with a few extra layers of clothing, especially a windproof layer. Here is our recommended list of outerwear for the days between 20-40 degrees, additional recommendations for children that tend to be colder outdoors, snowy days, or for temperatures under 20 degrees are in italics:
- Warm hat that covers ears
- Fleece neck gaiter or balaclava
- 3 upper layers: for example: thermal base layer, t-shirt, sweater/sweatshirt, and waterproof insulated jacket
- Waterproof insulated mittens
- 2 lower layers: for example: fleece insulated jeans and rain pants, pants and snow pants or thermal base layer, leggings, and snowpants.
- Warmer socks (wool or synthetic- cotton is not recommended)
- Winter boots with insulation
If you have any questions about weather or gear, please contact Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for all that you do in support of this level of engagement with learning and exploration!