By John Babcock, PALS Chair and parent of Calvin in 5 AM
PALS is a powerful voice for parents and is a direct conduit to voicing concerns from the classroom, advising the resource needs for the school, and encourage communication between Lab School staff and parents. Given how much uncertainty parents are experiencing regarding the upcoming unification of the Lab School and the Child Development Center now is the perfect time to become involved and contribute to this ongoing conversation.
Join us at the first PALS meeting on Tuesday, September 24 from 6 – 7:30 pm in room 105 (upstairs from the school). We are an open, transparent, and active parent group focusing on charting this next course for the Lab School.
Don’t know where to start with so much information regarding the unification proposal? Please email John Babcock, PALS chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and access to documents and guides for the unification process.
1. Introduction – parents and staff briefly introduce themselves to the group
2. Shared resource board
- Purpose of the board (childcare need/offered, carpooling needed/offered, gear/clothing needed/offered). Other ideas?
- Guidelines- No money to exchange hands for gear/clothing. And no rates or solicitations are allowed to be posted on the board physical or digital.
- Who will manage the physical/digital board? Only one person with a backup?
3. Unification Proposal
- Update / Where we currently are
- How to get better involved
4. School Volunteering
- Classroom and School
5. New Business
- New Policies/changes?
- Concerns for Parents?