New Teacher in 5 AM

We’re pleased to introduce Alyssa Wilt as our new lead teacher in the five-morning program. Alyssa’s class meets in room 50. We hope you will join us in welcoming Alyssa to the Lab School community! A brief bio of our new teacher is below.

Hello! My name is Alyssa and I am so excited to be joining the Lab School community this year. After growing up in Illinois, I came to college at the University of Minnesota. I fell in love with the Twin Cities and never left! I received my Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education with a minor in Child Psychology before graduating with an M.Ed in Early Childhood Education in 2017. I am excited to be back at the Lab School after student teaching here during my undergraduate program.  For the past few years, I have been teaching preschool for Minneapolis Public Schools. Outside of school, I spend my time hiking, swimming, baking, and reading. I love getting outside, no matter the season, and am trying to complete 52 hikes this year. I look forward to getting to know the families of the Lab School this year!