Makes 2 dozen muffins
Bake 1 small pumpkin
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 40 minutes.
- When it has cooled slightly, scoop out the pumpkin pulp.
- Pumpkin pulp from one (about 2 cups) small pumpkin (or 1 can of pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup soy milk with 1 Tbsp of lemon juice added (let sit for 5 minutes before adding to other ingredients)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup agave or 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fill in muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until they bounce back when pressed lightly.
By Sheila Williams Ridge