The University of Minnesota has issued an updated Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Stalking and Relationship Violence Policy. In addition to Lab School staff and student teachers, this policy applies to all Lab School parents, guardians, and caregivers.
A copy of the full policy can be viewed online here.
This policy applies to University members, which includes:
- University students, whether enrolled full time or part time, for credit or non-credit courses;
- University employees as defined in this policy; and
- third parties who are engaged in any University activity or program, or who are otherwise interacting with the University, including, but not limited to, volunteers, contractors, vendors, visitors, and guests.
This policy applies to acts of sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, relationship violence, and related retaliation committed by or against students, employees, and third parties when:
- the conduct occurs on University property;
- the conduct occurs in the context of a University employment or education program or activity, including, but not limited to, University-sponsored academic, athletic, extracurricular, study abroad, research, on-line or internship programs or activities;
- the conduct occurs off University property and outside the context of a University employment or education program or activity, but has a continuing adverse effect on or creates a hostile environment for students, employees, or third parties while on University property or in any University employment or education program or activity; or
- the conduct indicates that the respondent may present a danger or threat to the health or safety of University members.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact Lab School Director Sheila Williams Ridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.